Yoga with Chris is down to earth yoga – to help us get through life, whatever it throws at us!
From my own experience I know that our relationships with our bodies are not always happy ones and that the way we feel in our bodies can have a huge effect on the rest of our lives.
Yoga has helped me heal and recover from childbirth and the sleep-deprived years of early motherhood; it helped me deal with occasional back and neck ache and to find a little calm in what could often be a sea of stress.
Through yoga I knew it was possible to begin to feel at home in our bodies, to nourish and look after ourselves – and by being stronger and more resilient physically and mentally, we can take better care of the people we look after.
Over more than 14 years, I’ve helped hundreds of people – both in the community and in prison – practise yoga with awareness and kindness towards themselves, through the many changes our bodies go through and the challenges life throws at us.
Through Yoga with Chris, kind and supportive communities have developed (some temporary over the course of weekend or a short course, some longer lasting over years of attending classes together). Several students have gone on to be yoga teachers themselves.
Since the early days of lockdown in 2020, an online community of people all over the country have found strength, calm and connection through regular classes on Zoom.
- Hatha yoga teacher training, Amrita School of Yoga (2008)
- Therapeutic Yoga Intensive, Susie Hately (2011)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, The Mindfulness Project (2022)
- Yoga, The Brain and Mental Health, The Minded Institute (2012)
- Relax and Renew teacher of Restorative Yoga, Judith Lasater (2013)
- Yoga Nidra Foundation teacher training, Uma Dinsmore-Tuli (2013)
- Teaching Yoga in Prison, Prison Phoenix Trust (2014)
- Yoga for post-natal and menopause, Uma Dinsmore-Tuli (2015)
- Yoga Therapy and Mindfulness for Addictions, The Minded Institute (2016)
- Embodied Yoga Principles teacher training (2019)
- BA (Hons) Eng Lit University of Newcastle Upon Tyne (1987)
- Post-grad diploma (newspaper) journalism, City University (1988)